[openbeosmediakit] Re: MediaFormats ...

  • From: Frans van Nispen <xlr8@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 20:19:40 +0000

Hi,

you're verry kind to offer that service, thanks !

Now working on SampleStudio's saving routines brings up a lot of trouble.
It start with loading:

    I try to decode a 16bit file into a B_AUDIO_FLOAT buffer in memory.

BeOS does not let me choose this format. The B_AUDIO_FLOAT gives a
compile error. When I manualy set it to 0x24 and invoke the DecodedFormat(..)
it simply overrides this and put it back to 16bit integers.

I also see no way to save any other bit-size converted from floats directly.
I need to do this by hand also.

While the encoders/decoder are under NDA, I am wondering if it is possible to
create our own without breaking the NDA ?

And as Be was still working on this kit, wouldn't it be better to provide a new
API
for this purpose ??

So far it looks like I'm better of writing my custom importers / exporters for
my
media apps.

Frans van Nispen.