[openbeosmediakit] Re: MediaFormats ...

  • From: David McPaul <dmcpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 00:11:08 +1000

Heya,

>As OBOS needs addons for reading and we would like to extend the set
>of supported formats with some proffesional formats of some samplers,
>I was wondering if any of you have info on how to write such a decoder /
>encoder addon ???
>
>I am willing to do some of the basic formats for OBOS as the basic version
>of SampleStudio will be freely available and probably included in the
>BeUnited package, we could do some of the work in this area for you.
>
>Maybe anyone has an example encoder/decode addon ??

Well, I have access to the encoder/decoder API for BeOS but I am under an NDA
so I cannot hand it around.

However, I have prepared to do the following.

If you send me details of the codec you want or supply me with code then I
will create the encoder/decoder for you.  That way you get an encoder/decoder
and I don't break the NDA.

Once the new media kit has it's own encoder/decoder API I will also convert
the encoders/decoders I have done already.

--
Cheers
David

Be wary of strong drink.  It can make you shoot at tax collectors and
miss
                -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"