[openbeosmediakit] Re: Media prefs

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:07:29 +0100 CET

Jérôme Duval <korli@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i tested the Media Pref with R5 media kit, it behaves correctly. I
> tested with
> OBOS media kit, and it does what Axel described. I'm in the process
> of fixing
> things in libmedia.so to have the correct behavior.

Oh, sorry, I never tested it this way against R5, or else I would have
investigated into this before.

> But i have now a blocking problem : the Media Pref links against
> several libs
> and need to call launch_media_server(). The actual called version of
> launch_media_server is currently the one in libbe.so. So implementing
> it in
> libmedia.so is useless. Is there a mean to force to search a symbol
> in a
> specific library ?

Well, yes, sort of. For one, the order in which you link is important.
If you need something out of libmedia.so that's also found in libbe.so,
you should link against libmedia.so first.
Another solution would be to check for the libmedia.so image and use
get_image_symbol() on it to find the function you are searching for -
but of course, that would be kind of a hack.

Anyway, how is that functionality implemented and how does it work,
basically?

Bye,
   Axel.