[openbeosmediakit] Re: Media prefs

  • From: Jérôme Duval <korli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:46:29 +0100

Selon Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Since we intend to have an R5 replacement of the Media Kit, I think we
> have to copy the R5 behaviour of launch_media_server() - so that the R5
> version in libbe.so works as good as our own in our libmedia.so.
> Why should the server set up a message runner? I think it should be up
> and running as soon as it starts to serve messages, that is, as soon as
> it's running.
> So when you get an answer back from the server, it should be ready for
> whatever you intent to do IMO.

Currently we can't expect to have libbe.so version of launch_media_server()
working because our media server doesn't have the R5 media_server signature.

When you think it should be ready for whatever, i'm not sure about this.
: if i don't wait enough and retrieve the current list of nodes loaded i get
only the mixer, not the audio output node.
I agree though that we could try to have a launch_media_server() which works
with R5 media_server and then have the media_server behave right. I'll have a
look at this.

> If you send the server a B_QUIT_REQUESTED, it should work as you would
> think it do.
> I would just add another server command that passes a reply port to the
> server which will remember this, and set itself B_QUIT_REQUESTED.
> If there is a reply port set in QuitRequested(), it should be notified
> about the shutdown progress.
> As long as it does what is required (shutting down the media server), I
> wouldn't mind if the R5 version of shutdown_media_server() would not
> display the correct messages.

We can try this.