[openbeosmediakit] Re: Media Kit documentation

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <dos4gw@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 19:09:13 +0000

Jeff Biss <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>1. I chose GoBe since it the most robust text editor for use in Be. I assumed
>that people on the project had this app. and were going to

I personally don't need a DTP text editor currently, so I use BeIDE in BeOS, or
UltraEdit (ASCII/Hex editor) in windows.
I did install the GoBe Trial, but it can't save.

I don't know, perhaps using LaTeX is a idea (I don't know about this one, does
it have hyperlink support?)

> This would mean work is done in a Windows environment. I do not have
> experience with HTML editors in Be or (to think of it now)
Me neither, but having to work in Windows to do BeOS documentation doesn't
sound like a good solution.
I think you/we/everyone needs a basic format that can be converted easily into
PDF and HTML, whatever this
format will be in the end.
But I think you will find a good solution.

>* we have some undocumented areas (sample code only), as driver
>* interfaces etc. these one need better documentation, or newsletter
>* articles that need to be added to the documentation. Do we have
>* to do this, or will you be doing it?
>
>3. I will do this. Send me your drafts so that I can edit them. I will
>send them back for your review to ensure that they are accurate after my
>edits. Again, I need to know what program/format you use so I can use

Nice. This is really useful. I think in the end, we will have a really good
documentation.

regards

Marcus