[openbeosmediakit] Re: Darla Sound Card Drivers?

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 02:36:57 +0100 CET

> I'm a new Unix user (Lycoris distro) in need of a driver for my Echo
> Darla sound card.It's the only thing keeping me from leaving
> GatesWorld
> for good. And doing a Google search for drivers I read that one of
> your
> team (shatty) was working on drivers for the Echo gals.

Yes, it in our CVS:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/open-beos/current/src/
add-ons/kernel/drivers/audio/echo/
However, I dunno how come shatty progress on this driver...

> I realize it is extremely inappropriate for me to write to this group
> with such a request. I fully expect and deserve to get my hiney
> flamed
> good. I wouldn't bug you all if I weren't desperate and incapable of
> writing drivers myself.

Oh please, we're all part of open source developers community, sharing
the
same make=5Fthat=5Fdamn=5Fhardware=5Fto=5Fworks=5Funder=5Falternative=5Foses
quest.

> Anyways, if you do write a driver for the Darla, will you be making
> it
> public=3F

It's in the CVS, but I'm not sure shatty commit all and only the code
the Echo guy who started the BeOS driver then give him.
Shatty, still here=3F

-Philippe

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.  It's already
tomorrow in Australia.
                -- Charles Schultz