[openbeosmediakit] Re: Current media kit development

  • From: "David McPaul" <dmcpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 20:15:36 +1000 EST

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 11:31:19 +0200 Marek P <marekp3@xxxxx> said
> Hi, I am new here and I would like to ask how to install the new
> Media Kit?
> I downloaded the binaries from Hiku Factory but when I copied all
> "media"
> files and drivers to my BeOS partition I have KDL with
> audio_module.driver.
> Is there to other way to install and test Haiku Media Kit?

Hello Marek,

        Here is how I use the new media kit.

        Go to BeBits and download the audio mixer http://www.bebits.com/app
/3794

        expand it out.

        delete the files in the data directory (leave the scripts alone)

        Create links in the data directory to the Haiku media kit files
                libmedia.so
                media_addon_server
                media_server
                mixer_media_addon

        You will also need to copy/link the plugins directory into /boot/
beos/system/add-ons/media/plugins

        Then run the script install.sh

        This will create a seperate directory that has a runserver.sh and
an uninstall.sh

        Run the server with the script and everything is up an running.

        To remove just quit the media_server and then run the uninstall.sh

Cheers
David

PS      I am of course open to better methods. ;-)

--
"For an adequate time call 555-3321"