[openbeosmediakit] Re: Current media kit development

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:20:23 -0700

> >I removed the icons from media_server and media_addon_server,
> >since they are most likely copyrighted and can't be used.
>
> They are under a licence which allows "fair use" IIRC, as are all
> icons in R5 bar the RealPlayer ones. Details were on Be.com back when
> it was still a real site.

Quoted from the copyright information STILL on beincorporated.com:

Copyright Information

Any information including but not limited to software that is made available
to download from this server is the copyrighted work of Be Incorporated
and/or its developers.

The icons used on the Be Web site and in the Be Operating System are are
protected under copyright and trademark laws of the United States of America
and other countries. Use of the icons is subject to written permission.

Use of the icons without prior written consent may constitute copyright
infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws.