[openbeosmediakit] Re: Common Plugin API for BeOS Audio

  • From: Andrea Anzani <oxygenum@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:27:33 +0000

Hi,
I don't think the MediaNode system in BeOS is good for this purpose.
The MediaNodes are good for inter-program works; I think Frans is looking
for an intra-program system to process sound busses.
We have a VST wrapper, but try to load and link ten addons out of a
MediaPlayer, and then try to load these VSTs out from SoundPlay.
With MediaNodes you have >10 threads with SoundPlay only one.

RealtimeFX is a good idea, but i think that beos should also support
the universal standards of the computer music world.

Andrea.