[openbeosmediakit] Re: Common Plugin API for BeOS Audio

  • From: "Frans van Nispen" <xlr8@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 22:05:19 +0200

As far as I can understand this all is it being a common way to store
media data like an AVI, and the plugin interface to hold the encoders
and decoders ?

The main problem I have with the encoder/decoder API is the same I had
with the BeOS one: Too complicated because it combines video and audio

I am more pointing into the realtime processing/generating direction.
As we are also needing an API to import/export, I could join efforts
there too though, but my main goal now is RealtimeFX.