[openbeosmediakit] Re: Checking In

  • From: David McPaul <dmcpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:57:16 +1000

>Zousar Shaker <shakerz@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>Hello Marcus and everyone else,
>>
>>    Just writing to check in and see how things are.  I've been
ridiculously
>>busy since returning to work, but every now and then I've got some time,
and
>>would like to do some more openbeos work.  Marcus, I got your email about
>>being in hospital, I hope everything is OK.  If you've got the time, I'm
>>willing to take on another task (or if you prefer, spend time testing the
>>last task), so feel free to assign me something.  Anyways, hope to hear
from
>>you soon.
>
>Actually I'm much better, but got not much done. I'm currently working to
>get instantiating of nodes working, so real media nodes can be used soon.
>
>We still need implementation of:
>
>BMediaFormats
>_media_format_description
>and other format related stuff in MediaDefs.cpp and MediaFormats.cpp
>
>a audio mixer node, to replace the system mixer which we can't load.
>
>also a new Codec API (written by someone who did not sign a NDA for the old
>one)
>
>I would really like that everyone in the team picks a task either from the
>list above,
>or from the not assigend ones from the page at:
>http://home.arcor.de/your_name_here/beos/mediakit.html
>
>I assume that you all are subscribed to *this* mailinglist, and ask all of
>you to
>reply here. Also, if you have written code, please send it to me. If not,
>just say
>what you are currently doing, and what you want to do.
>
>It is also possible to write test applications, if you would like to do
that.

>To Jens Winkler and Farabi ibn Kora: I really would like to know what you
are
>doing
>
>To Anzani Andrea, Gabriele Conti, David McPaul: please pick a job and tell
me
>what you want to do!

Well, I cannot work on the codec API since I have signed an NDA and have had
access to the BeOS codec API headers.

I was thinking of trying to write some test applications to gain an
understanding of what has been written and of course once we are in a state
where it might be usefull I intend to port across the 3ivx encoder/decoder
(which also now plays DivX files - all types)

What is the CVS details for downloading the various sources?
Is there a setup guide anywhere?

>PS: CCed to those that may not be on this mailinglist, but please subscribe
>if you are not

I am now on the mailing list.
--
Cheers