[openbeosmediakit] Re: [Buba] Common Plugin API for BeOS Audio

  • From: John Tegen <john.tegen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'frans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <frans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"'buba@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <buba@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Marcus <dos4gw@xxxxxx>,Jimmy Packes <Axxepackes@xxxxxxx>,"Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,Dane Scott <cte06376@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, stippi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,emilseg@xxxxxxxxxx, oxygenum@xxxxxxxxxx,openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, marcone@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:04:51 -0700

Nice going.

A standard audio FX API add-on across all applications is exactly where =
will have its market strength.

My only suggestion at this point without seeing the proposed API is the
name.  "RealtimeFX" does not imply audio FX, since "RealtimeFX" could =
apply to image manipulation and other forms of media manipulation.  How
about "AudioFxAddon"?  If its real-time or not depends more on the
application hosting the addons.  As long as the API is designed for
real-time manipulation, an application could use the same API for other
non-real-time purposes.