[openbeosmediakit] BeOS Media Kit PortAudio layer

  • From: Joshua Haberman <joshua@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 22:03:38 -0800

Hello Marcus,

My name is Joshua Haberman.  I've been watching the progress of OpenBeOS
with great interest.  Today I saw your message about writing tests that
exercise the BeOS Media Kit classes.  I thought you might be interested
in the PortAudio implementation I wrote for the BeOS Media kit a while
ago.

http://www.portaudio.com

PortAudio is a cross-platform API designed to make audio I/O portable.
My BeOS implementation works most of the time with R5, so perhaps you
will find it useful for your testing.

I'd love to contribute to the OpenBeOS Media Kit, but I don't really have
the time (and probably not the level of expertise) that it would require.
If you have small tasks or testing that needs to be done, I'd be happy to
give it a shot.

Joshua

P.S. I'm extremely glad that you managed to mirror the Media Kit examples
before ftp.be.com went down.  For a while I was afraid that I would never
be able to finish the recording part of my PortAudio implementation for
lack of examples!

--
Joshua Haberman  <joshua@xxxxxxxxxxxx>