[openbeosmediakit] Re: BParameter Coding Question

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 15:35:41 CEST (+0200)

>     I have been implementing the BParameter and related classes.  So
> far
> progress has been good.  BParameter, BNullParameter,
> BDiscreteParameter, and
> BContinuous parameter have been coded.  Two methods I have been
> unable to
> code are the
>
> status=5Ft GetValue(void *buffer, size=5Ft *ioSize, bigtime=5Ft *
> lastChange)
> status=5Ft SetValue(const void *buffer, size=5Ft size, bigtime=5Ft
> changeWhen)
>
> members of BParameter (not overridden in the Null/Discrete/Continuous
> sub
> classes).  According to the Be Book:
>
> 'These calls simply dispatch to the BControllable::GetControlValue()
> and
> BControllable::SetControlValue() functions.'

The way I understand it, the BParameter classes provide the UI to let a
user access the parameters in a nice way, it goes hand in hand with the
BMediaTheme class (or whatever it's called).
So every parameter class should have a certain UI object attached to
it, which do subclasses BControllable (or just BControl=3F) and those
objects do have GetValue()/SetValue() methods.

Adios...
   Axel.