[openbeosmediakit] Re: Aw: Re: media adds on

  • From: "Salvatore Benedetto" <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:09:00 +0200

On 7/26/07, Marcus Overhagen <marcusoverhagen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Salvatore Benedetto <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please, do not kill the poor media_addon_server.

Sorry, I had to. I don't like the guy :-)

It automatically quits, when
media_server quits. You can even ask media_server to quit itself using
media_server --quit
But if you kill media_server, you also have to kill media_addon_server.

Yes, I was sure about this.

When starting media_server, the media_addon_server is started and shares
input/output with media_server, this also applies to media-add-ons.

Nope. If it is so, then there is something wrong. Perhaps I need to compile
the media
addon with DEBUG=1 ?

By the way, since I found out that there is a MediaDebug.h header available.
Is that
supposed to be used in media addon instead of Debug.h? I see the first one
the latter along with some macros.