[openbeosmediakit] Re: About BSoundPlayer

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 20:05:11 GMT

> Hi all, I have start writing the softsynth for MidiKit.
That's great news!

> The BeBook say : you need to play sounds that are being generated
> on-the-fly use BSoundPlayer.
Yes, that's the easiest way to do it.

> when my BufferProc are called (for generating the sound) my
> media_raw_audio_format variable are like this :
> frame_rate = 44100, channel_count = 2, format = B_AUDIO_SHORT,
> byte_order = 1 (big or little endian ? not the problem), buffer_size =
> 0x1000.
Looks good. You can specify the format you need in the constructor,
and the buffer callback function will have the same format.

> I try to only generate sound on the left (or right) channel
Yes that should work if you fill every second int16 with 0.

> At the end of the function, the buffer are like this :
> E3F3 0000 DCB5 0000 D69B 0000 D0BE 0000 CA39 0000 C517 0000
Ok.

> but I can hear sound on both channel (left and right)
Something is wrong, but I don't know why.

> How must I fill the buffer for doing what I want?
The data above looks ok.
Can you post a small sample program source code that shows the problem?

The BSoundPlayer with the new media kit is already working ok,
just in case the R5 one has a problem.

Marcus