[openbeos-midi] Re: mpu401 module update

  • From: Jerome Leveque <jerl1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:05:48 +0100

> One problem though, is the key-off messages were not handled.   My
> keyboard I was using ( an old Casio), does not seem to send complete
> key-off.  Key-on sends a 3 byte message (1st byte is 0x90), key-off
> sends only 2 bytes ( skips the first byte 0x80).   The Be server
> accepted the messages, but I don't know if my keyboard is odd in that
> fashion.

Thats very good news (2 people work on Midi kit) ;-)

for your keyboard this is correct the 2 bytes you receive are :
note_number and velocity.
but this is not a key_off message but a key_on with velocity = 0 that
means key_off.

the midi protocol accept this for decrease quantity of data transmited.

I don't know if you understood what I mean.