[openbeos-midi] Re: module std_ops function

  • From: Crain Greg <greg.crain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:47:54 -0400

>> I'm returning a B_OK, but it seems that for the AWE64, there is something
>> more that the caller is expecting from the B_MODULE_INIT.

>The AWE64 driver just do a get_module("generic/mpu401/v1", &module_info).

Actually, I learned that the AWE64 is looking for "generic/mpu401/v2" !
I did a test, and after changing it to v2, it worked.  I've never seen anything
that refers to a 'v2' version of the mpu401 module, so I'm wondering what the
difference is.  It is not in the 'midi_driver.h' header.   The only thing
suspicious is the 'port' debug output of the R5 module:

awe64: mpu401: open returns 0 / 0x00a9a428
mpu401: reset MPU401
mpu401: enable UART mode
port cmd ack is 0
port = 60347010
<Played a note>
awe64: midi_interrupt_op() done

Maybe 'v1' uses a buffer, and 'v2' must use a port to store data.

>Did you see your create_device() called by the AWE64 driver?

Now it works, but I haven't hooked up my interface to see if I get any output.
I doubt it will work, since I don't know anything about using a port at this
point.  I kinda doubt that many drivers are using the 'v2' though.

Greg