[openbeos-midi] midi_server surviving app crash

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOS Midi <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:57:09 -0700

since there seem to be some knowledgeable people in
the house I have a tough problem for you:

Imagine the following scenario: An application A registers a
BMidiConsumer at the midi_server. Another app B connects
a BMidiProducer to the consumer and starts sending
Midi messages to the producer. Suddenly app A crashes.

How treats the midi_server such a situation?

I think it survives the app crash.

What happens with app B that still wants to send
messages to the consumer of the now not existing
app A?

How realises the midi_server that a registered BMidiNode has
"died" because its app has crashed?

- Michael
PS: I am just curious and don't intent to implemend the midi_server.
PPS: the media_server and maybe other servers have to solve
or have already solved similar problems.