[openbeos-midi] Re: activity/status?

  • From: "Martijn Sipkema" <msipkema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:59:35 +0100

> > The MIDI kit internals are not documented.
>
> I found a copy of the BeBook online, and it gave examples of the MidiKit
> classes.  Are you speaking of a more acute documentation of its design?
> Are there header files that could be examined?

That documentation on the old MIDI kit most likely. The midi2 kit was
 introduced in R5. A compatibility layer for the old MIDI kit can be built
on top of the new one, just as in R5.

>  I've noticed that open
> source MIDI software is scarce as well for BEOS...

I'd be willing to opensource (GPL) the MIDI applications I wrote. I wrote
a mixer and a software keyboard, both are on Bebits and
http://www.sipkema-digital.com/software .

> > Do you have the official MIDI 1.0 specification? If yes, how does this
> > compare to the specs one can find online?
>
>  I need to check on that, as they are in a reader for one of my Electronic
> Music workshops.  I have a feeling that they are the original specs.  I'll
> get back to you on that.

If they are, I'd like to know how they compare to the one at
http://www.borg.com/~jglatt/tech/midispec.htm .

--martijn