[openbeos-midi] Re: Where starting to understand midi_server?

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:57:48 -0400

>By the way, if the midi_server indeed works with BMessages, we can
>create a simple fake midi_server that just accepts incoming
>messages, prints them out, and passes them on to the real
>midi_server. I think other teams have done something similar for
>their servers. This might give us some clues...

That is a good idea if you want/need to replicate the protocol that the Be
used. Personally, I don't care all that much whether you do or not. It isn't
for backward compatability. I can tell you that I did not do this for screen
saver and
that they certainly didn't do that for app_server. That doesn't make it a bad
I just don't want you guys to think that you *have* to.