[openbeos-midi] Re: Where starting to understand midi_server?

  • From: "Matthijs Hollemans" <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:39:47 +0100

> > My first question is : how to acces to function defined in this
> > app, Messaging, Direct Access....
>
> >From what I have understood so far, most servers are based on a
> BApplication, just like normal applications. The kits (the BMidi
> class etc) communicate with it by sending and receiving BMessages.
> have not studied the midi_server myself, but I guess the same is
> true here.

By the way, if the midi_server indeed works with BMessages, we can
create a simple fake midi_server that just accepts incoming
messages, prints them out, and passes them on to the real
midi_server. I think other teams have done something similar for
their servers. This might give us some clues...

Matthijs