[openbeos-midi] Status update

  • From: "Matthijs Hollemans" <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 19:43:55 +0100

Hiya,

The API documentation for the midi2 kit is now as good as complete,
except for the spray functions from BMidiLocalProducer and the
corresponding hooks from BMidiLocalConsumer. That stuff is important
to figure out too, but that will come later.
<http://home.concepts.nl/~hollies/midi/midi2.html>

I also studied the "housekeeping" protocol between the midi_server
and libmidi2. This should give you some idea what our own protocol
is going to look like (both will be very similar, but not entirely):
<http://home.concepts.nl/~hollies/midi/protocol.html>

What else? Oh, I added a few new tasks and milestones to the MIDI
team page at openbeos.org:
<http://open-beos.sourceforge.net/tms/team.php?id=13>

Since the "document the midi2 API" task is almost complete now, the
next thing I will be working on is "midi2 milestone 1". Milestone 1
is the housekeeping protocol: making endpoints, registering them,
iterating through the list of available endpoints, querying and
changing their properties, and so on. This may seem like a big task,
but actually I think it's not too bad. I'll keep you posted about
the progress.
--
Matthijs