[openbeos-midi] Re: SoundFont Parser finished

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <mrcode1234@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 15:40:36 -0800 (PST)

--- Jerome Leveque <jerl1@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, I have finished it.

OK, great.  I have also started coding the softsynth this weekend
(before I was just doing research and prototyping.)

> For now no comment on the code (very difficult to understand).

I would like to take a look at it.  It can't be that bad right? ;)

Is the code in CVS?  If not could you make it available somewhere on
the web and provide a link?

> Ryan If you want I can write for you a function like
> Sample *GetSample(uint8 Channel, uint8 KeyNote, uint8 Velocity);
>
> But you must send me all you need in the class Sample.

Yes I imagine that would be the kind of function I would need, but at
this point I'm not sure what I would want in the class Sample.  It
might be better if I just continue with the Soundfont parser code,
especially since I may need to make the basic parser more generic so I
can also open Downloadable Sound (DLS) files.  Since they are both RIFF
file formats, a lot of the code can be reused (in theory.)  Also an
interesting bit of information I learned the other day is that the
softsynth in Windows 2000 and XP uses a 3.7 MB DLS file from Roland for
its General MIDI instruments.  It is in
<WIN_DIR>\System32\drivers\GM.DLS.

Ryan

http://webhosting.yahoo.com