[openbeos-midi] Re: Softsynth integrated (FluidSynth)

  • From: Al Elias <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 20:50:18 +0000

The sound of tumbleweed blowing across this list is deafening!  :-)
Anyways, just conducted my first test on Haiku (real hardware) using the FluidR3 GM.SF2 soundbank included in the above download. It expands to a WHOPPING 141 Mb by the way. Still, I played back a couple of standard midi files using the MidiPlayer. I actually thought the system had hung. But being the patient kind of guy I am I hung around for a minute or so and woah! Once the soundfont had loaded, both midi files played back without glitches.

The load on the (1.8 Ghz) cpu was way too high and it almost max'd out my 512 Mb ram but hey! Well done for this! Thanks!

Al