[openbeos-midi] Re: Softsynth integrated (FluidSynth)

  • From: "Jérôme Duval" <korli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:04:57 +0200

Hi Fredrik,

2006/8/19, Fredrik Ekdahl <fekdahl@xxxxxxxxx>:
Great!
How can i test this?

the soft synth loads by default /boot/beos/etc/synth/big_synth.sy (which I locally linked to a General Midi sf2 bank (I used sYnerGi-8Mb.sf2).

I can't start MidiSynth in Haiku, because it seems to be linked against
libnet.so, which isn't there in Haiku. When I create a link called
libnet.so to libnetwork.so it starts, but "Disable Synthesizer" is
greyed out, so I guess it doesn't find the softsynth. The "Midi Out"
meny shows nothing. I have a SoundBlaster Live! card using the emuxki
driver. Is there midi support in that driver?

I also tested with MidiSynth 1.6 on Haiku at the time the network libs hadn't yet changed. Maybe there is a bug when no SoundFont is found. About emuxki I didn't test the midi support of this driver. It could be considered experimental.

> Though I had to download a GM soundbank for this (I used sYnerGi- > 8Mb.sf2). > Where can I find this? And how should I tell the fluidsynth library which soundfont to use?

You have to download a SoundFont bank or find one on a Creative Driver CD.

Are there any free soundbanks which could be included in Haiku by
default?

If you come with a good one, let me know. The one I downloaded were not redistributable AFAIK.

You can also submit bugs in our Bugzilla if needed.

Bye,
Jérôme