[openbeos-midi] Re: Softsynth integrated (FluidSynth)

  • From: Fredrik Ekdahl <fekdahl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 03:22:40 -0700 (PDT)

> Hi all,
>
> In the last few days, I integrated the FluidSynth library with our
> own MidiKit. It seems to work good when I test with MidiSynth on Haiku.
Great!
How can i test this?
I can't start MidiSynth in Haiku, because it seems to be linked against
libnet.so, which isn't there in Haiku. When I create a link called
libnet.so to libnetwork.so it starts, but "Disable Synthesizer" is
greyed out, so I guess it doesn't find the softsynth. The "Midi Out"
meny shows nothing. I have a SoundBlaster Live! card using the emuxki
driver. Is there midi support in that driver?

> Though I had to download a GM soundbank for this (I used sYnerGi-
> 8Mb.sf2).

Where can I find this? And how should I tell the fluidsynth library
which soundfont to use?
Are there any free soundbanks which could be included in Haiku by
default?