[openbeos-midi] More links... (resend)

  • From: Louis Florit <florit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 22:24:11 -0400 (EDT)

I don't think we've covered these articles in our discussions, they may
help the less midi knowledgable get better in sync with what we need to
accomplish on openbeos- this is archived from the original be site.

The articles cover the first midi kit and there are some articles that
cover the Haydn Midi Kit (apparently that was the working name for Midi
Kit 2).  Perhaps we can glean some info from that for future direction as
we're implementing the original MIDI kit first.

By any chance, does anyone have any of the sample code that these articles
talk about?  The zip files were not archived by web.archive.org.  These
sample programs may be useful to test our implementation and to add the
the openbe book, not to mention our suite of Midi demo proggies.

There is a mention of a 'General MIDI synthethizer' designed by Headspace.
The midi synth is what, exactly?  A type of tone/note generator so that a
user can do midi with wave files as sound samples?  Is this something we
can borrow off the shelf or are we going to have to implement this as

And finally, do we have a location where we can collate this
documentation?  Is anyone tracking this as well?  I am partial to adding a
doc directory in cvs where we can perhaps cut and paste all this info for
future or self reference, at the very least as text files.  I don't think
we're going to get any acceptance if we aren't very well documented across
the board.

Best regards,