[openbeos-midi] MidiPort

  • From: "Jerome LEVEQUE" <jerl1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "MidiKit List" <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:21:19 PST (-0800)

Sorry for the late of the answer I were at University all the day.

BMidiPort can acces to all BMidiEndpoint derived class because when you
launch MidiKeyboard that publish an Input and an Output they can be
accessed through a BMidiPort.

A BMidiPort publish a BMidiLocalProducer (named "MidiPortGLue(out)")
and a BMidiPortConsumer (named "MidiPortGlue(in)")  I think that last
class just call the correct function of BMidi when data arrive. That
can be see in Patchbay.
When you call BMidiPort->Open("/dev/midi/sblive/1") and there are a
BMidiProducer and/or BMidiConsumer with the same name BMidiPort connect
each other for a good connection.

And the last point BMidiPort don't think about hardware port or not
because when you lauch MidiKeyboard with an hardware port publish "by"
the sound card in /dev/midi you connect the soundcard with an external
synth you can play it without pushing key on the synth but in using
your mouse on the MidiKeyboard app.

I know that very hard to understand my english today I'm very tired.
Please accept my apologize.

A+
Jerome