[openbeos-midi] Re: MidiPlayer source

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 15:56:15 +0200

Hello Jerome,

>Source are at http://jerome.leveque.free.fr/MidiPlayer.zip
>this is the first Beta.

Nice work so far.

But I could not get BMidiStore connected to BMidiSynth to work.

BMidiSynthFile works, but I think it should be removed from the
inputs because it acts also as an output and the same effect can
be achived when a BMidiStore input is connected to a
BMidiSynth output.

If this MidiPlayer is intended as a replacement for the one from Be
then it should have additional the following features:
- live input (midi file playback + mixing with input from BMidiPort)
- wave form display
- volume control for MidiSynth
- other MidiSynth settings
- drag and drop

I guess you have these points on your todo list ;)

My wish list:
- a playlist
- playback functions: restart/fast forward/backward/progress

>Can you say me if I must change something in the way of coding
>because I don't respect all the rule for coding.

Coding style is the one of OpenTracker, I am sure you can find
a link on the OBOS site. (e.g. names of member variables start
with f (field)). OT is at http://opentracker.sourceforge.net

>There is something I don't understand with the class
>BMidiStore the BeBook said that we can connect two MidiStore
>together for copying the file but that don't work the file is
>created but can't be reading by any software. Have you an idea
>to correct that?

Nope. Sorry.

>I try CVS but that won't work message error is directory not
>exist.

There should be an introduction to cvs also on the OBOS site.

1. check that your SF account is added to the OBOS team
 http://sourceforge.net/project/memberlist.php?group_id=33869
2. check out the midi_kit with cvs under your SF name
3. move you source code into the midi_kit tree
4. add your soure code to cvs (cvs -z3 add dirs and files)
5. commit your changes to cvs (cvs -z3 ci . files)

- Michael