[openbeos-midi] MidiPlayer

  • From: "Matthijs Hollemans" <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 19:54:11 +0200

Hi folks,

I had nothing to do over the weekend, so I wrote the MidiPlayer application
from the ground up. I know that this is really a job for the prefs team but
I wanted to let you know anyway.

This one is different from the player that Jerome was working on. It is much
simpler and is intended as a replacement for the BeOS R5 MidiPlayer.

The user interface is a little different but to most people that shouldn't
matter. The readme file (also in the CVS) explains the differences. I have
tested the app and it seemed to work fine, but because it uses a bunch of
different threads who knows what kinds of bugs you may run into :-)

Oh, I commented out the Jamfile for the midi subdir of /src/tests, since we
don't really use these test programs for anything and they were interfering
with the build of this new MidiPlayer. Just so you know.