[openbeos-midi] MidiPlayer

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 17:56:13 +0000

Hi Paul,

for testing the OBOS Midi Kit 1 I have used your test application
as a starting point and wrote MidiPlayer (in the same directory
as your test application). It can play a midi file and sends
the midi evens to a Midi Kit 2 BMidiLocalProducer. This
producer can be connected to e.g. MidiSynth 1.6 so
you can hear what is played!

I have not tested MidiPlayer with your implementation of
BMidi and BMidiStore but it should be possible to link
it to them instead of the BeOS libmidi.so.

- Michael

PS: I have started with live streaming of midi events from any
Midi Kit 2 producer to TiMidity++ (the GPLed midi software
synthesizer). Actually it works already, but the latency is quite
high (around 1 second, maybe less), so it is not really
usefull for a live performance :-(

I will probably release it in this week at BeBits.

Someone interested in testing it before the official release?