[openbeos-midi] Re: Midi2 todo List

  • From: "Matthijs Hollemans" <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:04:24 +0100

Hi Jerome,

> Hi, I haven't a lot of time since 2 week but now I have.
> What answer have you found
> That will be more quick if we doesn't work on the same point.

I worked on this last weekend, and I already found out most of the
things ;-) There are still a few questions left, but figuring these
out is not a lot of work, and I want to do this myself. I know I
said before that you could help me on this, but it turned out to be
easier than I expected ;-) So I won't be needing your help on this

The things you _can_ do, if you want:

-    Think about a design for the midi_server and libmidi2. I plan
to work on this it as soon as the API documentation is complete. But
if you have any thoughts about the design, then I'd very much like
to hear them.

-    Put BMidiStore back into libmidi1. I already mentioned before
that I rewrote BMidiStore but did not finish it. Maybe you can
finish it, using the (partial) implementation of BMidiStore that you
wrote before.

-    Rewrite BMidi and BMidiPort from libmidi1. Their current
implementations are _wrong_ because they do not use libmidi2. I
don't know if this is a lot of work -- it is probably pretty easy...

-    Finish the MidiPlayer ;-)