[openbeos-midi] Re: Midi2 handling of SysEx data

  • From: Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 16:51:40 +0100

Matthijs Hollemans wrote:
> Martijn wrote:
>> I doubt if even binary compatibility is that important...
>
> It is the goal of OpenBeOS R1, that's why it is important.

And of course some apps which make MIDI interesting on BeOS (like the
softsynths) seem to be no longer in development, so Midi2 binary
compatibility is rather crucial until we have new influx of MIDI
developers; once the platform is somewhat healthy in regard to active MIDI
coders, we can talk about breaking binary compatibility. But it'll probably
be years before we get there.

Bye,
Chris