[openbeos-midi] Re: Midi2 handling of SysEx data

  • From: "Matthijs Hollemans" <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 14:37:55 +0100

Martijn wrote:

> There aren't that many midi2 applications and many of those that
> exist probably can be adapted.

True.

> The midi2 kit has quite a few bugs and features IIRC and I think they
> should be fixed;

Most of these bugs have been fixed (at least the ones I found). Some
"features" are simply bad design decisions and they can't be easily fixed
without an extensive rewrite.

> there was never any documentation anyway...

There is now :-)

> I doubt if even binary compatibility is that important...

It is the goal of OpenBeOS R1, that's why it is important.

However, I agree that the Midi Kit is not as good as it could be. That's why
I'd like to encourage anyone who has an interest in BeOS and MIDI to think
about designing a new kit :-) Like I said in my post to Christian, there is
no reason why one can't write a replacement.

-Matthijs