[openbeos-midi] Midi2 handling of SysEx data

  • From: Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: OBOS-MIDI <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 13:35:56 +0100

Hi people,

I'm working on some SexEx Send/Receive tools, and found out that SysEx data
handled by Midi2 gets the first and last bytes stripped off. This is very
annoying, as I have to add the 0xf0/0xf7 bytes by hand in each
BMidiLocalConsumer function where I handly SysEx, which adds considerable
overhead.

Is this a bug, or supposed to be a feature? The docs should be updated to
reflect this behavior. And we can't even fix it, as other programs may rely
on this by now...

Bye,
Chris