[openbeos-midi] MeV. A 'bundled' app for the Haiku aplha/beta

  • From: Al Elias <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Midi List <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:43:31 +0000

Just a thought. With some work could we not use MeV as a bundled app when Haiku becomes ready for alpha/beta testing? I say this because it appears (from the testing I am doing) that it is very close to being 'useable' as an everyday application.

It has many advantages not least because it 'looks' and 'feels' like a native application which ideed it is. IIRC when I was testing it back in 2000/1, there was discussion about raising its status from alpha to beta. Only a couple of issues were stopping Christopher from doing so.

I am excited that Greg (Cyan) has some designs for a native midi sequencer also however the Haiku community would be wise to have an open source sequencer ready in time for the release of an alpha revision of Haiku. To be able to demonstrate Haikus midi capability to interested parties/devs would be a positive way of attracting input to the project. To me it seems like a win-win situation.

Any thoughts?

Al