[openbeos-midi] Re: MIDI parser source (bytestream->MIDImessages)

  • From: Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 15:24:57 +0100

Martijn Sipkema wrote:
> Why don't you look at the code for the unitor_server I made available
> earlier? It had a MIDI stream parser that if I remeber correctly should
> be reasonably ok, at least it doesn't have as obvious "features" as you
> mention your current one has :).

I took a look at the source, but it would have required extensive rework,
change all constants to Midi2Kit ones, rewrite your message handling, etc.,
so I figured I might try from scratch and see if I can write a clean MIDI
parser. Turns out I can. ;)

But I'm sure your code will be put to good use - the contained knowledge
about accessing serial MIDI interfaces is very valuable. Maybe Unitor
Server could be included in OBOS? Not as standard install item, but as part
of an MIDI-pack that interested users can choose as install option.

Bye,
Chris