[openbeos-midi] Re: MIDI parser source (bytestream->MIDI messages)

  • From: "Matthijs Hollemans" <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:02:00 +0100

Jerome wrote:
> If Matthijs are ok we can add that features in midi_server : not create
> only MidiEndpoint for Midiport of soundcard but with serial port too.

I don't think this should be in midi_server, but in a driver (from
/dev/midi). The driver would then read the bytes from the serial port, and
the midi_server would turn these bytes into MIDI messages, just like it does
for any other driver. There is no reason to make a special case for the
serial port, as far as I can see.

> PS : Happy new year

You too!

-Matthijs