[openbeos-midi] Re: MIDI parser source (bytestream->MIDI messages)

  • From: Jerome Leveque <jerl1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:53:17 +0100

> Hi guys,
> any hints where I can find source code which takes a raw byte stream and
> parses it into MIDI messages?
> I'm writing a server-type application to interface MIDI units with a
> serial
> "To Host" interface to be accessed from BeOS - there already is
> serial_midi, but it only does MIDI-Out, not MIDI-In, and this isn't
> acceptable.

I've still writing that kind of stuff for QSEditor Midi-In and Out work
but only get/send SysEx Message
If you want I can send you that part of the code.

> More information about my project: it's named SerialMidiHost, is
> implemented as a pure userland-affair, uses Midi2 Endpoints as Midi
> In/Out
> ports. Currenty it's only CLI, but a GUI will follow as soon as the basic
> stuff is working. And if you want the finished version for OBOS, that
> would
> be fine by me.

If Matthijs are ok we can add that features in midi_server : not create
only MidiEndpoint for Midiport of soundcard but with serial port too.

PS : Happy new year