[openbeos-midi] Re: MIDI parser source (bytestream->MIDI messages)

  • From: "Matthijs Hollemans" <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:34:01 +0100

Christian wrote:
> Uhm... bad news: I started coding my parser, and soon realized that
> MidiPortProducer::GetData() is utterly broken.

That doesn't really surprise me. I threw it together pretty quickly, based
on something Jerome threw together pretty quickly. It hasn't been tested at
all (or just a little), because I have nothing to test it with. I am also
not sure whether the routine properly interfaces with the drivers, either.

This part of the midi_server is still a to-do item, and has been for a
while. It would be great if you patched it up :-)

> I currently don't have time to setup OBOS CVS on my machine,
> so somebody else would have to do integration & testing. But I
> guess that's preferable to having to write that stuff from the
> ground up. ;-)

Sure thing. I'd be happy to integrate your code with the OpenBeOS CVS.
Thanks for finding out about this problem.

-Matthijs