[openbeos-midi] MIDI parser source (bytestream->MIDI messages)

  • From: Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: OBOS-MIDI <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:51:26 +0100

Hi guys,

any hints where I can find source code which takes a raw byte stream and
parses it into MIDI messages?

I'm writing a server-type application to interface MIDI units with a serial
"To Host" interface to be accessed from BeOS - there already is
serial_midi, but it only does MIDI-Out, not MIDI-In, and this isn't

Anyway, my MIDI-Out is working in principle, and I've got to the point
where the raw data from BSerialPort is coming in fine, but now I have to
parse that stuff, so I thought I'd rather ask here for sources before
ruining my mental health by writing it all anew.

More information about my project: it's named SerialMidiHost, is
implemented as a pure userland-affair, uses Midi2 Endpoints as Midi In/Out
ports. Currenty it's only CLI, but a GUI will follow as soon as the basic
stuff is working. And if you want the finished version for OBOS, that would
be fine by me.