[openbeos-midi] Re: MIDI Keyboards and BeOS?

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <mrcode1234@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:44:42 -0700 (PDT)

--- Matthijs Hollemans <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A much cheaper way to test the soft synth is to use a software (or
> virtual) keyboard, which involves no hardware parts at all. There are
> several at BeBits.

Yes I definitely plan to do that as well (and I've already downloaded
most of the MIDI apps on BeBits), but I think using an actual keyboard
might be a more real-life stress test on the soft synth.

Plus after all the work this soft synth will require, I really want to
use to create some music (i.e. using nice SoundFonts and capturing the
output to WAV.)  Having a keyboard will make that easier.  So don't
worry, I'm not going to buy a keyboard just to test my soft synth ;)

Ryan

http://search.yahoo.com