[openbeos-midi] Re: I'm in holidays

  • From: "Matthijs Hollemans" <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:25:56 +0200

Hey folks,

Ryan said:
> > I haven't done anything significant yet besides a lot of research.
So feel

Jerome said:
> The only idea I have is to drive the softsynth from a
BMidiLocalConsumer
> derived class.

I mentioned it before, but I still think that trying to extract DIGMID
from the Allegro sources is the easiest way to get a reasonably simple,
yet good softsynth. I recently took a quick look at the source code and
the synth code itself is pretty simple. Apparently it uses GUS (Gravis
UltraSound) banks for the patches, but I think a SoundFont converter is
included. The only "problem" is getting rid of the rest of Allegro ;-)
Anyway, just a tip.

-Matthijs