[openbeos-midi] How work ioctl?

  • From: "Jerome LEVEQUE" <jerl1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "MidiKit List" <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 23:33:42 PST (-0800)

First of all Happy new year (2 week later)

I haven't work on OBOS (when we will have the real name=3F) this holidays
because I have  gone snowboarding for 1 week.
And I'm back with one more year.
Matthijs you do a great job on Midi2. Congratulation.

I have found how make the softsynth (in theorie no code for now), and I
know how create reverb on sound.
I'm writing the milestone 3, but I have never use ioctl function.

that what I write:

                FILE *fichier =3D fopen("/dev/midi/ymf754/1", "rw");
                int file =3D fileno(fichier); //result is 3 seems to be OK

uchar *data =3D [0x90 0x39 0x64];
        midi=5Ftimed=5Fdata DataToSend;
                DataToSend.when =3D time;
                DataToSend.size =3D length;
                DataToSend.data =3D data;
                int i =3D ioctl(fd, B=5FMIDI=5FTIMED=5FWRITE, &DataToSend,
sizeof(midi=5Ftimed=5Fdata));

Like this in midi=5Fdriver.h

But I have always i =3D=3D -1 that means an error appear

If you have an idea

A+
Jerome