[openbeos-midi] Re: Greetings!

  • From: "Matthijs Hollemans" <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:49:51 +0100

Hi Owen,

Very to nice to meet you! Especially because you know more about the
new Midi Kit than we do ;-) The only documentation we have on that
kit is two newsletter articles, and one of them was written by you
;-)

I recently became the team lead for this bunch, and I am still
getting up to speed (yes, I know I have been saying that for three
weeks now ;-). If you want to work (as in: code) on something
specific, please let me know so I can work it into the planning. If
you are not interested in coding, that's fine too -- we'll take any
help we can get!

> A final question for the list: does everyone here have
> access to PatchBay, Transposer, and lsmidi? These
> should demonstrate how the new MIDI Kit API is
> intended to operate. I can send the source code I have
> for these if needed.

Right now I am busy collecting all of these things: sample code,
MIDI apps, any documentation I can find. The plan is to set up a
website for the MIDI team, hopefully by the end of next week. I
already have PatchBay and Transposer sample code, but lsmidi doesn't
ring a bell. I would appreciate it if you could send it to me.

Matthijs