[openbeos-midi] Re: Greetings!

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:37:03 +0200 (added by postmaster@wanadoo.fr)

Owen Smith wrote:
> Just a quick hello (and a test to see whether this
> address works...).

Hey, nice to see you around!
How it's going since Be epoch end for you=3F

> Jerome sucked me into this to see if I could help
> answer any questions. I have to admit my MIDI Kit
> knowledge is rusty, but whatever I can recall is at
> your disposal!

Well, all hints about good and bad design ideas about the midi=5Fserver <
-> libmidi2 will help us reimplement it.
For example, do the midi event(s) are spray to every BMidiConsumer
simply by write=5Fport() the event data to all consumer ports,
or do shared memory should be used to keep latency low=3F

-Philippe

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Real programmers don't bring brown-bag lunches.  If the vending machine
doesn't sell it, they don't eat it.  Vending machines don't sell
quiche.