[openbeos-midi] Re: Eek! Open-beos-cvs digest, Vol 1 #2109

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:00:59 GMT

> Philippe, what happened? Why these changes?

Argh, I'm trapped!
Well, I'm in the process to move our binary resource files to human
readable/editable .rdef files.
But... seems that I've overlooked some issues in this (very boring)

> > From: Philippe Houdoin
> > -resource app_signature "application/x-vnd.OpenBeOS.midi-server";
> > +resource app_signature "application/x-vnd.OBOS-midi_server";
> This one seems rather pointless, since the name is going to change
> anyway.

I fall in the "copy/paste" mistake trap once again.
The previous .rdef I used as template for the midi_server.rdef was
using a x-vnd.OBOS-filename convention.
You know what happened next: select "filename" and type "midi_server".
Blind and idiot change.

> However, I'm more worried about the following:
> > -resource(10, "bus_large") #'ICON' array
> > -resource(11, "bus_small") #'MICN' array
> Why were these removed? They are used by the midi_server to display
> icons
> for the endpoints from /dev/midi. They are not supposed to be the
> icon of
> the midi_server itself, which is what you changed it to, apparently!

Yeah, my bad. After the tenth .rsrc -> .rdef conversion, the bored
factor made me did that mistake.

I will fix these issues ASAP, promise.

Sorry for breaking code.
I'll try to keep them only on my own team in the future ;-)

- Phil

Fortune Cookie Says:

An age is called Dark not because the light fails to shine, but because
people refuse to see it.
                -- James Michener, "Space"