[openbeos-midi] Differences between midi kit 1 and 2? (resend)

  • From: Louis Florit <florit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 22:25:00 -0400 (EDT)

So from the "Motor Mixin'" insight article, I learned a few of the
differences and same things between the kits.

Midi Kit 2 is supposedly backwards compatible with the original.

Midi Kit 2 does its timing in microseconds, instead of milliseconds.

There is a 'MidiRoster' in MK2, "for finding or registering MidiConsumers
and MidiProducers, but without multiple virtual inheritance this time.
That means you can't create an object that's both a BMidiConsumer and a
BMidiProducer."

One more thing mentioned is that instead of "token structs like media
node to make connections via the MediaRoster" MK2 deals with the
connections directly through the BMidiProducer.

From: http://be.befaqs.com/aboutbe/benewsletter/volume_III/Issue47.html

I have a hard time believing that these are the only differences, if this
is so we should try to make the effort to track up to this version,
otherwise, we should doc the differences for future dev.

Best regards,
Louis