[openbeos-midi] Re: All your MIDI are belong to us

  • From: "Matthijs Hollemans" <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:35:13 +0100

Bonjour Jerome,

> Hi I'm Jerome and I'm a french Student, I live near Paris (50
meters).

Nice to meet you!

> I have wrote BMidiStore and modified BMidi, BMidiEvent for working
with BMidiStore. I
> have put all my work in VeryLotOfChange because BidiEvent is too
diffrent for working
> with first version of these class.

Yes, I have seen your work. I plan to clean up the source code soon
and merge your changes (from VeryLotOfChange) with the rest of the
MIDI code, so they will (finally) become part of libmid ;-)

> I "work" now on all other class from MidiKit 1 and 2 but I don't
know where starting.

I think we need to do a little "reverse engineering" first, to see
how the Midi Kit works. Especially libmidi2 and the midi_server,
because they are hardly documented anywhere. Once we know that, it
will be easier to write the classes.

> I not working a lot for few week because my girlfriend had some
small medical problem.

> As soon she is OK I will code more.

Sure. I hope your girlfriend gets well soon!

Matthijs